Hasan is an esteemed photographer, documentary filmmaker. His work covers diverse themes and has appeared in numerous international newspapers and magazines such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek, Time and The Economist.
Hasan was a photojournalist for the Associated Press for over a decade and has received numerous awards for his work. In addition, he has serves as a curator and juror in many international competitions and festivals.
- Producer, cameraman, director, editor and advertisement videos producer of more than 50 documentary and short movies (1986-1995).
- Director of 33 parts documentary video series named “Medical Magazine” (1995).
Select Recent Productions:
- Director of a documentary on Jan Palach – Presents the story of a young Czech student who made the ultimate sacrifice for his country’s freedom.
- Editor of online Farsi Tableau magazine www.tableaumag.com
- Photojournalist at Associated Press – Tehran, Iran (1999-2009)
- Covered events in Iran and the region, including the Iran-Iraq War, the U.S. invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Photos have been published in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek, Time, The Economist and many other international newspapers and magazines.
Freelance Editor & Photographer
- Zanan (Women) Monthly Magazine (2002-2008)
- Cultural Heritage News (2005-2007)
- Yas-e-No Daily Newspaper (2002-2004)
- Payam-e-Emrouz Monthly Magazine (1999-2003)
- Hayat-e-No Daily Newspaper (1998-2001)
- Sobh-e-Emrouz Daily Newspaper (1996-1997)
- Tehran University, TV Advertising Group (1991-1995)
- 30 Years of Iranian Photojournalism at Monnaie de Paris (2009)
- 165 years of Iranian photography at Musée du quai Branly (2009)
- Iranian Carpet Photography Festival (2009)
- Firoozeh International Photography Festival (2008)
- Soureh News Photo Festival (2007)
Work displayed in more than 100 national and international group exhibitions, including:
- Jerusalem Synougage – Prague, Czechia (2019)
- UNESCO Gallery – Beirut, Lebanon (2008)
- Peng Gallery – Mainz, Germany (2008)
- Mah-e-Mehr Gallery – Tehran, Iran (2006)
- Mirab Gallery – Tabriz, Iran (2005)
- Golestan Gallery – Tehran, Iran (2004)
Select Recent Project
- Iranian Jews (2006-2019)
- Original and unique work on the life of 30,000 Iranian Jewish minorities with more than 2,700 years of history in Iran. This minority is now on the edge of disappearing. More than 70 locations all around Iran were included in this project. Publication coming soon.
Publications and Honors
- Time Pulse (2005)
- A book of photography published in English and Farsi comprised of 160 pages and 121 photos covering events in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and the Athens Olympics. The preface was contributed by Dr. Shahidul Alam, the head of the jury of the World Press Photo in 2000 and Jim Muir, the former BBC correspondent in Iran.
- Kaveh Golestan Photojournalism Festival award (2004)
- Dialogue Photo Contest (2004)
- Annual Journalism Festival Award Winner (1998, 1999 & 2001)
- Iran National Photo Festival Awards (1995)
- Tehran International Festival Awards (1996)
- Nationwide Iranian University Contest (1996)